Teaching is the fundamental principle of our studio. Yoga from the Heart is Sarasota’s first Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga School. Our RYS 300 Hour Advanced Teacher Training Program exceeds Yoga Alliance’s requirements for RYT 500 certification. It is built on more than 25 years of yogic study, practicing and teaching yoga. This program is designed for those committed students and teachers who understand the nature of lifelong learning
Join us for this journey of discovery!
Traditional training in yoga and real progress on the path are difficult if not impossible without a teacher.
Somewhere along your journey you decided to teach yoga. You took some training and now you want to deepen aspects of your teaching and understanding. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to receive this support and guidance from the most experienced teachers in the area?
Yoga from the Heart’s 300-Hour Advanced Teacher Training Program is a unique course specifically tailored to your interests. Our Program is registered and approved with Yoga Alliance. Combined with your 200-hour certification, you can achieve RYT 500® status upon successful completion of the program.
There’s a time to go it alone and a time to be supported with experience while developing your teaching voice. With Yoga from the Heart’s Advanced Teacher Training, you have a true chance to develop your skills, deepen your knowledge and grow personally and professionally. Become the outstanding teacher you know you can be by solidifying your education and broadening your professional credentials.
We are now accepting a limited number of students for this opportunity.
What you can expect to learn
This path of study allows an experienced teacher to develop his or her knowledge and ability in the following areas:
- Asana practice with attention to alignment, sequencing, and class structure
- Anatomy, both gross and subtle anatomy including physical anatomy, bio-mechanics, and energetic anatomy
- Meditation and Pranayama
- Teaching methodologies for public classes and for working with specialized populations
- Designing workshops and progressive classes to develop and deepen your students’ practices
- The business and ethics of yoga including branding and marketing yourself as a yoga teacher
You must have already graduated with a 200-hour registered Yoga Alliance school in order to participate in this program.
Components of Our Program
The program consists of 4 distinct parts:
- Twelve Weekends of Deep Diving by going back to the basics that we may have forgotten or not been able to fully grasp at the time of our first training, or integrate since we began teaching. Think of these 12 weekends as refreshing your skill set, energizing your appetite for learning, and invigorating you as a practitioner! These sessions meet on the first and third weekend of each month for six consecutive months.
- Deepening Your Own Practice by attending one class per week with one of our senior teachers. You will delve more deeply into your own practice while exploring your habits and practice in ways you might not have understood before.
After these weekend intensives are complete, the program morphs into an agenda that is specifically designed for you through:
- One-on-One Mentorship, which is the most differentiating component of this program. You will study, receive guidance and learn with weekly one-on-one private sessions with the Program Director. These sessions offer you the opportunity to explore those dimensions of yoga that you find most compelling, exciting and relevant to your own practice and to your students. Sessions can be in person, over the phone, via Skype or Facetime. The first session will outline your mutually agreed upon goals and objectives; subsequent sessions are structured to review and discuss your progress in relation to those goals/objectives.
- Advanced Workshops which meet the third Saturday of each month from 1-6 pm and cover both advanced practice and teaching skills.
- 12 Weekends of Deep Diving: Oct 5-7 & 19-21│Nov 2-4 & 16-18│Nov 30-Dec 2 & Dec 14-16│Jan 4-6 & 18-20│Feb 1-3 & 15-17│Mar 1-3 & 15-17
- Advanced Workshops: April 27│May 18│June 15│July 20│August 17│September 21
- One-on-One Mentorships: Begin in April and are scheduled weekly through September.
- Standard Registration: $4,800*
- Non-Refundable Application Fee: $100
* You can take up to twenty-four months to complete the program.
If you find it easier to budget, we offer 12 monthly payments of $415 per month. A credit card is required to be on file in order to qualify for this option.
There are no refunds for any unused portion of the program fees.
There is a 3% processing fee for credit card payments.
Questions? Email or Call: 941.929.9878
Choose from 4 courses of study. Follow the links below to learn more!