Yoga from the Heart’s 200-hour Teacher Training Program is for individuals committed to developing the skills essential to becoming a confident instructor. This program explores the foundational teachings of yoga practice in an approach that is classical and multidimensional. We invite students to discover new relationships and inspire themselves to practice and teach from a place of knowledge, creativity and adaptability. Students are empowered to tap into their greatest potential, and, rather than provide a prescription for exactly how to teach, our program offers an invitation for students to cultivate their own approach and personal style.
It is during these 200 hours of study that students learn key foundations of yoga practice, including anatomical study, and explore the philosophy and wisdom of the yoga.
Upon completion of our 200-hour Teacher Training Program, students will receive a teacher certificate and be eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher, RYT 200.
Watch a video to learn more.
What you can expect to learn in our program
The Yoga from the Heart Teacher Training program offers a full-spectrum curriculum. You will learn the following:
- How to teach safe classes
- General principles of anatomy as they apply to teaching yoga
- General principles of yoga philosophy
- How to use props effectively and creatively
- How to increase or decrease the complexity of a pose to accommodate students with differing capabilities
- How to teach simple restorative poses
- How to teach breath awareness to beginners
- Classroom ethics and professionalism
- Pertinent aspects of the business of yoga including insurance needs for teachers, Yoga Alliance requirements and marketing basics
Oct 6-8 and 27-29│Nov 3-5 and 10-12│Dec 1-3 and 8-10│Jan 5-7 and 19-21│Feb 2-4 and 16-18│Mar 2-4 and 16-18
- Standard Registration: $2,800
- Early Registration: Register 30 days before the start of the session and save 10% ($2,520)
- Application Fee: $75 (non-refundable)
We want to do all we can to make your dream affordable. If you are unable to pay the tuition at once, monthly payments of $400 may be made during your enrollment, with a $500 deposit.