Traditional training in yoga and real progress on the path are difficult if not impossible without a teacher.
Somewhere along your journey you decided to teach yoga. You took some training and now you feel the need to deepen aspects of your teaching and understanding. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to receive this support and guidance from caring, experienced teachers?
Yoga from the Heart’s 300-Hour Advanced Teacher Training Program is a unique course specifically tailored to your particular interests. Our Program is registered and approved with Yoga Alliance. Combined with your 200-hour certification, it allows you to achieve RYT 500® status upon successful completion of the program.
There’s a time to go it alone and a time to be nurtured with compassion and experience while developing your teaching voice. With Yoga from the Heart’s training, you have a true chance to develop your skills, deepen your knowledge and grow personally and professionally! Become the outstanding teacher you know you can be by solidifying your education and broadening your professional credentials.
We are now accepting a limited number of students for this opportunity.
What can you expect to learn
This path of study allows an experienced teacher to develop his or her knowledge and ability in all of the following areas:
- Asana practice with attention to alignment, sequencing, and class structure and themes
- Anatomy: both gross and subtle anatomy including physical anatomy, bio-mechanics, and energetic anatomy
- Meditation and Pranayama including breath awareness
- Teaching methodologies for working with the general public and specialized populations of students
- Designing workshops and progressive classes to develop and deepen your students’ practice
- The business and ethics of yoga including branding and marketing yourself as a yoga teacher
You must have already graduated with a 200-hour registered Yoga Alliance school in order to participate in this program.
Components of Our Program
The program consists of 4 distinct parts:
- Core Workshops which meet the third Saturday of each month from 1-5 pm and cover both advanced practice and teaching skills. The 2017 Core Workshop session dates are:
Session 1: January 2 – April 2
January 21 │February 18 │March 18 │April 15
Session 2: May 1 – August 20
May 27 │June 17 │ July 15 │ August 19
Session 3: September 4 – December 24
September 16 │ October 14 │ November 18 │ December 16
- One-on-One Mentorship is a key component of our program and what differentiates this program from all others. You will study, receive guidance and learn with weekly one-on-one private sessions with the Program Director. These sessions offer you the opportunity to explore those dimensions of yoga that you find most compelling, exciting and relevant to your own practice and to your students. Sessions can be in person, over the phone, via Skype or Facetime. The first session will outline your mutually agreed upon goals and objectives; subsequent sessions are structured to review and discuss your progress in relation to those goals/objectives.
- Observation/Assist Opportunities provide you with extensive practical experiences of teaching in many different class settings. During each week of each session you are enrolled in the 300 Hour Advanced Teacher Training, you either observe a class or be a teaching assistant in a class taught by one of our senior teachers. Your experience will be followed by brief discussion during your next private mentorship session to answer any questions that may have arisen regarding sequencing, assists, etc.
- Deepening Your Own Practice by attending one class per week with one of our senior teachers, which will allow you to delve more deeply into your own practice exploring your habits and practicing in ways you might not have understood before.
There is a one-time non-refundable registration fee of $100 due at the time of application. Current YftH teachers are exempt from paying the registration fee.
The cost for each four-month session is $1,680. This price does not include the cost of weekly group classes.
It will take twelve months (three four-month sessions) to complete enough hours to register with Yoga Alliance. You can take up to twenty-four months to complete the program.
Standard Registration: $1,680 per 4-month sequence