We are continually monitoring the COVID-19 cases in Sarasota. Before coming to the studio, please be familiar with and follow the suggestions of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), as well as state and local health departments regarding healthy personal hygiene practices. PLEASE pay special attention to washing your hands, staying home if you don’t feel well, coughing or sneezing into your elbow, and kindly respect the space of all others.
We view reopening as a combined effort. Please read and adhere to the following:
- New Students: If you have never been to the studio, you will be required to answer a brief series of COVID-19 screening questions before attending a class or private instruction. We feel this is essential to ensure the safety of everyone. When you register for class, our office manager will reach out to you to do the screening.
- Recently Traveled: We are currently asking anyone who has been out of the state to follow the newly released CDC recommendations: individuals without symptoms may end quarantine after seven days with a negative test, or after 10 days without a negative test. The self-quarantine also applies to anyone visiting Sarasota who wishes to attend an in-studio class.
- You MUST register for class online through the MindBody app prior to the start of class. No exceptions will be made. Please plan ahead. If you are unable to get into the studio class, we hope you will join us on line.
- Class passes must be purchased online. If you need help with online registration or purchases, or have any questions re: MindBody, please email our office manager, Susan, at firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject line put MindBody questions.
- You must bring your own yoga mat and props. We are currently not making our studio props available for use. We recommend an 8 ft. strap, 2 blocks, 1-2 blankets, 1 hand towel and 1 yoga mat. All of these props are available for purchase at the studio. If you do not purchase them from the studio, we encourage you to purchase quality props at huggermugger.com because all props are not created equal.
Other Things to Know about In Studio Classes
- All classes at the studio will be live streamed. The camera for live streaming will be focused on the teacher, not the students. If you are uncomfortable being in a class that is live streamed, please continue to practice with us online. In order to successfully live stream the classes from the studio, we have had to make some changes, and lighting is one of them. The studio lights are on during class.
- There will be two listings for some classes on our schedule: a live streaming class as well as an in-studio class (when offered). Please pay attention to which one you are registering for. If you are registered for an in-studio class and do not attend you will be charged for the space on the floor.
- Our practice room has been reconfigured to provide proper social distancing while practicing. We will be practicing safe distancing and sadly refraining from handshakes, hugs, and physical adjustments.
- Whenever possible please use your restroom before coming to the studio so that we can minimize the use of the studio bathroom. Currently, we are not allowing the restroom to be used as a changing room; please plan to arrive and leave in your yoga attire.
- Please remain outside the studio until ten minutes prior to the start of class. If you are congregating with your fellow yogis, please do so at safe social distances.
- Whenever possible please secure and lock all of your personal items in your car.
- When possible, please bring your own hand sanitizer.
- Classes will be 75 minutes in length.
- Questions? PLEASE submit any questions, comments or feedback that you have via email to email@example.com.