Do you want to take your yoga practice to the next level? Yoga from the Heart’s RYT 200 Teacher Training Program is ideal for all yoga students who want to deepen their yoga practice, fitness professionals who what to expand their scope of services to include yoga and dedicated yoga students who are interested in teaching yoga. Upon completion of this program you will be qualified to register as an RYT 200 instructor with Yoga Alliance.
200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training: Yoga from the Heart RYT 200
200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training: Yoga from the Heart RYT 200 Program is for individuals committed to developing the skills essential to becoming a confident instructor. This program explores the foundational teachings of yoga practice in an approach that is classical and multidimensional. We invite students to discover new relationships and inspire themselves to practice and teach from a place of knowledge, creativity and adaptability. Students are empowered to tap into their greatest potential, and, rather than provide a prescription for exactly how to teach, our program offers an invitation for students to cultivate their own approach and personal style.
It is during these 200 hours of study that students learn key foundations of yoga practice, including anatomical study, and explore the philosophy and wisdom of the yoga.
Upon completion of our 200-hour Teacher Training Program, students will receive a teacher certificate and be eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher, RYT 200.
What you can expect to learn in our program
The Yoga from the Heart Teacher Training program offers a full-spectrum curriculum. You will learn the following:
- How to teach safe classes
- General principles of anatomy as they apply to teaching yoga
- General principles of yoga philosophy
- How to use props effectively and creatively
- How to increase or decrease the complexity of a pose to accommodate students with differing capabilities
- How to teach simple restorative poses
- How to teach breath awareness to beginners
- Classroom ethics and professionalism
- Pertinent aspects of the business of yoga including insurance needs for teachers, Yoga Alliance requirements and marketing basics
Minimum content hours (as determined by Yoga Alliance) include:
|Techniques: Instruction in Yoga Asana, Pranayama, and Meditation||100 hours|
|Teaching Methodology||30 hours|
|Anatomy and Physiology||20 hours|
Oct 5-7 & 19-21│Nov 2-4 & 16-18│Nov 30-Dec 2 & Dec 14-16│Jan 4-6 & 18-20│Feb 1-3 & 15-17│
Mar 1-3 & 15-17
- Fridays: 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- Saturdays: 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Sundays: 12:00 pm – 3:30 pm
Oct 4-6 & 18-20│Nov 1-3 & 15-17│Dec 6-8 & 13-15│Jan 3-5 & 17-19│Jan 31-Feb 2 & Feb 14-17│Feb 28-Mar 1 | Mar 20-22
- Standard Registration: $2,800
- Early Registration: Register 30 days before the start of the session and save 10% ($2,520)
- Application Fee: $75 (non-refundable)
Questions? Email or Call: 941.929.9878
We want to do all we can to make your dream affordable. If you are unable to pay the tuition at once, monthly payments of $500 may be made during your enrollment, with a $500 deposit.
Choose from 4 courses of study. Follow the links below to learn more!